Thursday, July 9, 2015

Look what I can do!

I had another great run on this first day of summer!  Me and my Saucony sneakers are really getting along, I think this relationship is going to work out! We make each other so happy!  I was running along the trail and I looked at my watch and my pace was 6:50! I was like, what they hell is happening, this is awesome. Of course I can’t keep that pace (yet) but you know what? I got to run at that pace for a bit and that is fantastic.  I was listening to the song Stronger by Kanye while running and I thought that song (well at least the title) was pretty fitting today.

As I was running, I realized I was slowing down a bit.  Normally when I start to slow down my pace is about 9:00 or I get this -:--  time (just kidding) but lately when I look at my watch it is 7:30-8:00! Do you know what this means?? This means I am getting better at running and I am running faster than I realize! Yay me!  Now listen, I don’t run for time, I don’t run to compete with anyone, I run because it is making me healthy (remember, I have diabetes) and I have two beautiful little girls who look up to me.

Today was truly a day that I really wanted to stay home and not venture out for a run. I woke up with a headache that lasted all day, I was tired (as per usually) and I knew I didn’t drink enough water (probably why my headache lasted all day).  But it was such a nice day I had to take advantage of it. So I thought to myself that I would just run around Neil’s Pond just to say I got out for a run. I ran the inside trail of the pond and when I got close to the outside trail I thought, “Maybe I will just run to the road (close to Coffee Matters) and back.”  Then I got to the road and thought, well I came this far I might as well do some hill repeats.  So I ran to the road where everyone was doing hill repeats and kinda giggled inside and thought “no way” and ran past them and carried on down the road to the end of the cul de sac. As you can tell by now, I really don’t know the names of the streets I ran today! Anyway, I ended up running 6.3k when all I set out to do this evening was run around Neil’s Pond.  


Reach for the moon; even if you miss you’ll land among the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment