Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I did it!

So I did it! I finally did it! I finally started to thaw out from Sunday’s Tely 10!! It would have been perfect running conditions if I wasn't so bloody cold! I purchased a pair of sleeves from Biped on Saturday in hopes that I would end up rolling them down around 3 or 4 kms’. Nope. No sir, that didn’t happen at all. I.was.so.cold. I thought I was running in November not July. But that is Newfoundland weather for you. This was my second Tely 10 and I took 7 minutes off my time from 2013, so I am happy for that, I ran it in 2:06.  I don’t run for time, I run for me. While we are talking about the Tely 10, congrats to everyone who ran it, pat yourself on the back because you deserve it! And thank you to all the volunteers and spectators along the route, especially the PRC clan on LeMarchant Road!


After the Tely we headed to the Gosse's for the annual after Tely party which is always full of surprises and so much fun. The race doesn't stop at the Tely line. No no. You see, at the Gosse's, it doesn't matter how sore you are, someone while talk you into a scooter race. Luckily, I have been able to talk or hide my way out of it because I would end up in a ditch and/or the ambulance would have to come get me. Thank you Andrew and Shelley for hosting yet another fabulous party and thank you for warming me up and sorry to the kid that thought I was Santa.


Now that the Tely is over I am going to call it quits. I lost the weight, the sugars are down. So I have accomplished what I set out for. Just kidding! Running is fun...when you don't hurt! Like I mentioned in previous posts, I sprained my knee in November. Sunday's run made my knee hurt again. While training, my knee didn't hurt too much but for some reason the running the Tely 10 really hurt. It could be because I was pushing myself or that I ended up getting frostbite. Who knows. I will make some physio appointments and be good again soon.  

My original plan for 2015 was to do the Huffin Puffin Half but that changed when I signed up for the Tely 10. And now that my knee is bad again and the Huffin Puffin is only 2 months away, I think I will put the half marathon on the back burner and do that one next year. Now, now, don't fret! I am going to run on a relay team again. I can't wait!

Even though my knee and the rest of my body is still hurting I decided to go running tonight. I know! Marc was surprised too! So who do I see in the parking lot but Shelley Gosse. It was a pleasant surprise. I was thinking, "to run with her or not to run with her." Well, we ran together and this happens! You see, most people will try and talk me out of my "fun" ideas but do you think Shelley would?? Nope, she is there ready, willing and holding the camera! That is why we get along so well!


July is almost over, so my blogging time is soon coming to an end, I hope you enjoyed them. Have fun and enjoy your run!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Renee! Looking forward to our next run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should take things easy, Renee. You have done well in this run, despite your previous injury suddenly making a comeback. Ultimately, your knees are more important. You should work more towards getting them in top shape again, after fully recovering, of course. Good luck!

    Agnes Lawson @ Pain Relief Experts

    ReplyDelete