Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Wishes Really Do Come True

Well I guess since this is my first blog I should start by introducing myself.  My name is Paula and I've been sober for, o wait wrong group.  My name is Paula and I've been with PRC since October.  Like everyone else, I found my little group within our large group to run with. Renee, Shelley, and Lori have been the reason I've stuck with running over the winter, mainly because Shelley convinced us to sign up for the half marathon.  See I hate winter and I hate winter running even more, call it the winter blues if you wish.  But after running outside a couple  of days last week with Lori I see now there is a light at the end of the tunnel and spring must be just around the corner.  But in the meantime winter managed to creep its way back and I'm back to hating winter and winter running.  So for the past 3 months we've been going to the gym to get us through the winter, only now were in a rut where we don't want to go and come up with every excuse not to.  When we hear Lori say, "well I got to do something" we know we better haul our self to the gym.  She's the motivator.  Me, Shelley and Renee are motivated too just in other ways.  Shelley found us a new race to do, its the 1st annual couch potato .00010k, I personally think were a shoe in for this one, and that's how we motivate each other.
               So our gym nights have kinda been all over the place but Mondays have always been one of the nights we went later because my son has guitar from 6-630.  Well like every other Monday I came home, exhausted, cooked supper, put my phone on charge for the gym and left for guitar.  I'm sitting in the waiting area while Bradley is in his lessons praying to God I didn't have to go to the gym tonight. What I wouldn't give to get home and get a message saying they weren't going.  But I knew Lori's parents visited the week and she hasn't done much running so she's deff gonna pull the " well I got to do something" bit and I'll have to go.  I wish I didn't have to go to the gym, I wish I didn't have to go to the gym, I wish I didn't have to go to they gym.  I get home, and message the girls to say I'm gonna be late which is nothing unusual for me, and realize there's been a full conversation going on in the group chat while I was gone.  So they come back and say OK.  But as I'm reading up, Lori, the motivator don't forget, is suggesting we go for tea.  Am I dreaming, are we really skipping the gym ????  yes we are, were going to coffee matters for tea.  And it was really Lori suggesting the tea and not me stealing her phone as Shelley suspected.  We would have gotten away with lying and telling everyone we were at the gym but Todd and Sharon were there enjoying tea or coffee as well.  Todd may be on our side though, as him and Sharon were leaving he yelled back at us, " enjoy the rest of your workout."
                 I have no doubt spring is just around the corner and I will like running again, there's a ton of race bibs to collect and I've already got my eye on some new bling to collect.  This will be my first telly 10, and of course my first half marathon in Halifax.  Lots of PB's this year for me, and I can't think of a better club to represent during those accomplishments.  Keep an eye out for those famous finisher pictures.  Cya all the spring !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment