Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tely 10 registration

Yip the day has finally come, its registration day for the tely 10.  Have I completely lost my mind?? Am I really gonna do this?? according to the many texts I've gotten from Shelley, Renee and Lori yes I am.  And I've been nominated to sign us all up.  11 am comes and I go in on my phone to register us and honest to god I don't think I was ever this nervous over anything before.  So I try to register myself first and BOOM they say my nlaa number isn't recognizable.  Is this a sign ??? should I just back out now ??? I could tell the girls my phone crashed, but considering Shelley wouldn't buy the fact my number wasn't recognized I don't think they would buy that either.  Well here we go, ill just start with the girls first, Lori done .... Shelley done ... Renee done ..... ugh what do I do ?? Think Paul,  just think.  The pros out weighed the cons, the fact that there was a medal got me thinking, bragging rights that I even completed the tely, and the fact that there's an after party won the decision.  Here we go, my turn.  Paula done !!! Well holy crap, me, Paula savoury is all signed up to do the tely 10. Stomach sick, I got to thinking of my running accomplishments and the turkey tea 10k came to mind.  I've never ran a whole 10k before, and that day with the help of Shelley and Renee I did it, and those same girls plus Lori will be by my side again at the tely.  With their help I can deff do this.  I can only imagine the conversations along the route and how much fun it will be crossing the finish line with them. 
I have 3 of the greatest friends, and completing something this big is just gonna be that much more exciting with them.  The photos of us crossing the finish line, with our medals and later with our beer is just gonna be more memories made and i cant think of better people to make the memories with.
After registration was complete, the PRC Facebook page lit up with everyone completing their registration.  Some for the first time and others back again, but each and everyone of the members were congratulating and encouraging each other for registering.  Made the pains in the stomach lighten a little. 
Congratulations to everyone who has signed up for this amazing race, and good luck to each and everyone of you.
Cya at the finish line.....

No comments:

Post a Comment