Thursday, March 31, 2016

For the new runners in LTR

So, I have done it all!!

Circuit training, kickboxing, the gym, Zumba, you name it I have done it! So last September I thought outside the box and tried something I've always assumed I couldn't do.... Attempt to learn to run or as runners call  it the LTR!!!

Okay, the hard part is over... I have just signed up to PRC online by myself no friends to run with, just me myself  and I.  You can do this Shelly!! All 240lbs of you, holy shit, I just joined a running club!! All 240lbs of me!!!!

First is first, I need to know someone, I'll post on PRC Facebook site "I'm a brand new runner and am looking for someone to run with" that should work, but wait what if I attract a fast runner or someone who I can't keep up with, oh a notification already!!! From Lori Dalton, "I'm new to PRC and will run with you!" Yay!! Someone to run with!!

Of course I creeped her Facebook! If you don't know who Lori is when I creeped her fb she is a fit woman and she had bright red hair, I knew right away she was going to be alot faster then me and she was!

The LTR hadn't started yet and I had never run a day in my life! So that night I ended up running with Lori and Shelley, and I sucked!! I was out of breath, couldn't run the length of myself and thought I wasn't going to make it, I thought I was dying!! They were so nice and kept encouraging me and said that they didn't mind pretty much walking their 5K, which is what happened 😊

So after a few weeks of dying, my LTR started, I was so scared!! I wanted to be one of those runners you see gracefully running down the road, instead I was like a new born calf, no gracefulness here!!


But as hard as it was running up and down Neil's pond every Tuesday and Thursday evening and every Saturday morning it finally got easier and easier! There was one point where I was in front and it felt amazing!! But all the other nights I was either in the middle or the back! My huge lesson from my LTR is to go at my own pace!

So, this vlog  is directed towards the new runners of the PRC! The beginning of your LTR is going to be hard, your going to hurt, there are nights you'll be in the back middle and front! Go at your own pace and do your own thing! And a huge peice of advice, the people you are running with now, will be your running buddies, hold them close because these people have huge potential and are your motivation to get to your goals and to just have fun, because once the fun is gone out of it you will loose interest!

I may not be an elite runner, and I may not run marathons, and I know that I don't look like that gracefull runner and still look like a baby calf walking for the first time but I'm having so much fun doing it, and with my best friends from my LTR!

Good luck to you all, I can't wait to run with you again next week 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment