Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What a difference, hey?!

Some days it is extremely hard to get up and exercise.  Some days it is easy peasy. Most days are hard! I miss getting up or getting off work and going for a run (when there are no kid activities to partake in) but those days will soon be here again. I can't wait for the warmer weather. 

When training gets hard and all you want to do it give up, just flip through your older pictures and see how far you have come. The first picture was taken at work on February 25, 2015 and the second picture was taken today, February 24, 2016. What a difference, hey?! 
Saturday was a busy day! We had an awesome Snow and Ice run for our very own Paradise Running Club member, Diane Coffin who has been diagnosed with breast cancer! It was such an awesome turnout!  







I went to the gym that Saturday night, not a soul on the treadmills! 


It was great.  So I jumped on the treadmill and sent a selfie to Shelley, Paula and Lori to prove that I went by myself. Paula said that she wished she had gone, I told her it wasn’t too late! She showed up! I ran 5 km's and then walked for 30 minutes. While I was walking on the treadmill next to Paula I could tell that she had enough and just wanted to stop. So what did I do? I motivated her to keep going…by increasing the speed.  She wanted to be finished the 5 km’s so I made her run faster to get there faster! Smart hey?! Not really because Karma…well Karma knows who I am. 




I get all kinds of energy and go to the gym and then for a few days later I am a ZOMBIE! I can hardly open my eyes. My whole body is tired! Marc wanted to go to the gym with me the other day, I just wanted to sleep. Marc won and off we went. 



So he drove us to the gym.


Shelley wanted to know if I wanted to run outside. 


I didn't. I could hardly run the length of myself, let alone run outside where I HAVE to run back to my car. See, I just realized a pro for running on the treadmill. When you don't want to run anymore, just get off the treadmill and proceed downstairs to Canteen Matters and have a tea. BRILLIANT!

As much as I don't like going to the gym some days, I do like how I feel when I finish an awesome work out or accomplish another 5 km on the treadmill.  But it is a bit discouraging when you get to the gym and you find it hard to lift your feet to get ON the treadmill! Hopefully by the time spring rolls around I will have more energy or find out why I don't have any energy. Well, I will have to suck it up because the Half Marathon is just around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment