Saturday, March 26, 2016

Tely Teaser

The tely teaser really should be done before registration lol
I will admit as a hater of winter running, yesterday was near perfect conditions for the teaser.  Of course i over dressed as usual, with 2 pairs of pants, a tank, 2 long sleeve shirts, a sweater and a vest.  As i debated a cold gear hat and mittens on over my gloves i knew by the look on renees face that was probably a no, so she gave in and loaned me her buff, which lasted all of 5 minutes.  Myself along with lori and the newest member of the clan molly met renee at her house where we would complete 10k of the tely route.....at least thats what renee told us, it ended up being, 11.5k.
And although shelley was enjoying her vacation having nothing to do with fish and chips or the tely teaser she didnt forget us and kept messaging us in the group chat along the route .... O molly you need to be added to that, its motivation at its finest !!
After the run was finished me and Lori quickly drove into Donavons Irving for a big ol breakfast.....just what the doctor ordered !!
And get this, i actually got up this morning and joined the groups coffee run, and was the first one on the parking lot i might add, this is a first and probably a last for me as I'm late for everything.  Ive really run out of excuses so i just tell the girls I'm probably gonna be late because of the person i am, they don't buy the whole unicorn story anymore ... that's another blog.  So as much as i hated to get up yesterday for the teaser, i actually think it was just what i needed to get my mojo going again.  I know spring is here, it may not want to fully show itself but its there.  As i was leaving the house this morning and slipping all over the driveway from the freezing drizzle i swear i heard birds chirping.  
The bonus to getting my mojo going and joining these runs is our newest member to the clan, molly. She fit right into our little group, as soon as she said her whole reason for running was the coffee at the end i knew she would fit right in.  Welcome molly !! I think we need a group name, mmmm Renee and Shelley are good at that lol
Well congrats to everyone who finished the teaser yesterday, you rock !! 
And thanks to my running buddies Renee, Lori and molly for making me run yesterday, somehow you always seem to know just what i need !! True friends, dedicated runners, or both ..... whichever it is you guys motivate the crap outta me !! 
Happy Easter everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment