Thursday, February 4, 2016

The pros and cons of having gym buddies

The pros and cons of having gym buddies:

Pros: they make you go to the gym!
Cons: they make you go to the gym!

I didn’t make it to the gym last night because I had to help put together our bed that took way to long, so I planned on going tonight. I sent a message to Shelley, Lori and Paula to see if they wanted to go tonight which is not usually our gym night. Paula was the only one able to go; the other girls had other obligations. Then Paula bailed.  At first I thought, deadly! I don’t need to go to the gym! Then it clicked in to why I actually go to the gym. To be active and to lose weight.


The girls needed proof that I went to the gym solo.  I ended up bumping into Gina Barnes, Shelley Penney, Marion Barnes and Wendy Wall. They were just finishing up their workout while I was starting.  Gina was ever so kind to take a picture of me running on the treadmill. I did 5 km’s on that thing! Brutal! It was brutal!  I can’t wait for the snow to go. Just sayin.




So while on the treadmill, I was thinking that I was done after the 5 km’s and I was going to go home. I then decided to go on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes, then the lateral machine for another 10 minutes.  I don’t think I am going to be able to walk tomorrow.

Something kept me going tonight. Maybe it was because I actually updated my playlist, maybe it was because I missed yesterday’s gym time or maybe it was because I actually had some energy!

I made my way over to the mat to complete my workout with some stretching. I then decided to do a plank! However, I had to find someone to take a picture of me doing a plank (thank you random stranger entering the gym) because it never happened if there is no picture while at the gym without your friends. Lori, you would be proud! I did a plank, it wasn’t for long but I did it!




I am not done yet! I then decided to do 13 stair repeats. That was brutal as well! I had to do 13 because Paula has a thing about odd numbers. See what a good friend I am! (Thank you gym employee for taking this picture while randomly walking up the stairs!)  

Shelley is probably saying, "why didn't you do 15, we stopped at 13 last time we did them."  It was hard Shelley and I didn't realized how much I depended on you to count them! 



This is by far the best workout I have had in a long time. It was really hard but I pushed myself through it!



Tomorrow is my weigh day at Weight Watchers. I am pretty sure I am going to be up but tomorrow is a new day and I will start fresh from there. I have to think about how far I have come.  If it wasn’t for the gym and my gym buddies I would have gained weight already this winter.


Thanks for reading! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing and you look fantastic! I've done the solo gym thing and sometimes I just love being able to put the headphones on and be antisocial lol

    ReplyDelete