Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I can't wait to run outside again!

I really can’t wait to start running outside. I think the next “nice” day I might get out there and run! I am writing this while looking out the window on this snow day. I really don’t like the cold but I am glad I get to stay home today.

I am still finding it hard to stay motivated while running on the treadmill (even thought I updated my playlist) and it seems lately at the gym it is harder to find a treadmill not in use. And it seems like it is out of the question for all four of us to have a treadmill next to each other. :) When I am not on the treadmill, I find myself wandering over to the Lateral machine. I used to find it really hard, only lasting about 5 minutes.  This is around the time me and Shelley would give each other the look to find another machine…or go home.  Last night I was on that machine for over 20 minutes!! It was great!

I have been on a weight loss plateau that has been going on for months now! At least the gym is keeping me active, right? I am still in Weight Watchers but they changed the plan…again and I do not really like it. Yes, I know Oprah lost 26 pounds by eating bread everyday but we can save that for another blog. So, to add some more activity into my life I decided to take adult swimming lessons at the Summit Centre in Mount Pearl starting in March. I can swim, and I love swimming but this will make me GO swimming! This class is for intermediate swimmers. I don’t really know what to expect but I am hoping it will make me faster!! Hey, Sara Ralph can I request you to be my instructor? 


I will be 37 this month and I have been playing around with the idea of doing a triathlon for a while now but I really don’t like fish…and the pond…and fish.  I know, I know they won’t be swimming by my feet or face but they are still there! I can feel them looking at me, I really can! I told myself that I would tri to complete one before I turn 40. That is long enough to train, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment