Monday, February 1, 2016

Welcome to February

Well hello again. Welcome to February. I will be your host for this blog.

I won’t be writing about many (if any) outdoors runs during this blog, I don’t like running outside in the winter because, well, it is cold. And if you remember the Tely 10 after party me and cold don’t mix. (If you can’t remember you can scroll back to the July blog.) I am also afraid I am going to fall down and hurt myself. Again. Some of accidents/incidents have been documented in Shelley Gosse’s blog. Check them out! http://thericekrispiequeen.blogspot.ca

So I joined the gym and I convinced a few suckers to join with me. Ya that’s right Shelley, Paula and Lori! It is fun. Sometimes.  I would much rather run outside but I had to do something in the winter to make sure I don’t gain back the weight I already lost and to keep up my cardio.  I have only ran 5 km on the treadmill at the gym and I find that hard to stay motivated.  I will be training for a half marathon in the next few months but I won’t be doing that on the treadmill that is for sure.

I wanted to give a little update on my health. My back, knee and every other muscle and joints still hurt but I think I have come to terms that I will always hurt but I know I always got to keep moving!  

I recently went to my doctor again, my regular checkup. Like always, I am frighten to death that my Dr. will up my meds (I am diabetic).  I thought for sure my fasting sugars were going to be super high and my A1C’s were going to be up again. Well guess what!?  He was happy that I was still losing weight AND my fasting sugars were down AND my A1C’s were down! I was shocked! I have also been complaining of stomach issues that have been ongoing for a while now. We are not sure what is going on but with trial and error I was taken off ANOTHER drug! If all goes well in the next few weeks I can stay off that drug! That means I am only on one drug now. ONE. This is also motivation to get my butt to the gym. 


Well, that's my update. Now it’s bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment