Tuesday, February 3, 2015

With a little help from my friends!!!

If there is one thing I can count on is the heart of each  member as we look out for one another.  This comes back to when I first started out running with PRC.  I had an injury and it all come to a stop when I hopped a puddle only to have my hip come to an abrupt standstill.  I hoped to keep running with Suzanne and Cathy but there was one point I could not put my foot to the ground.  I had to start limping back to the start.  The girls would not leave me, Cathy decided she would run back to the duck pond to get her car while Suzanne and I would limp towards her.  I wouldn't have made it back to my truck without the help of my friends :)  Fast forward to last June when we ran the 8K in Kelligrews boy was it hot hot hot and I am coming in for the last 200 meters and Tanya ran back to see how far I was, she ran with me up until we saw the rest of the girls ran up to meet us, Shelley handed me a bottle of water and they talked to me to the finish line. I couldn't get anything out and I was lucky to see as my eyes welled up with tears.   Each of them were urging me to gain some power and give me a big finish.  Then they all said in unison... Go Gina Go  Well you want to see a big girl run... That was me.  So with a help from my friends I continue to get this encouragement and inspiration to keep this body movin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment