Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Tad Windy wasn't it? Snow N Ice in Paradise 2015

While I was running this morning I was wondering what to put in my blog today.  So much have come across my mind. HOLY WIND


First starting off I will say Thank you Craig Pike for again daring me to do this run, he's got this way with convincing me to go out of my comfort zone.  I was all ok to be a volunteer.  Out of my comfort zone.  We all do it  come out of our comfort zone we done it today and APPLAUD yourself for going against those horrible winds and cold temperatures.  I will wish for those winds this summer when it's too sticky to take another step.  Thanking our Volunteers for cheering us on and standing out in those elements.  Bless you all.


I arrived to the start line with my PRC family and I had two of my PRC brothers running with me  Andrew Power and Craig Pike, they were the cutest entourage I could ever hope for.. well Kiley too of course!!  They kept me on course and ready for the walks and pushing me to the finish line.  I believe Craig said  Oh Come On Gina you got 1 minute and 45 seconds left to meet the finish line under 40.... I got 38:50  Its' been way way way too long since I got under 40 and I would not have done that without them encouraging me to push, push and guide me safely around the slippery spots and out of danger of the traffic.  BLESS YOU BOTH. 


I reach the finish line and there are my Sole Mates are there to see me through the finish line.  My sisters.  Everyone high fives and pats on the back.  This was a hard one hey, the wind oh my the wind.  I have always love the wind it keeps the coolant in my radiator from keeping me from imploding.  Tanya had mentioned to me that she found it hard to breathe, she could only imagine how I was managing as I am a hard breather LOL. 


I didn't do too many runs this month as I was cross training in the gym but running today made me realize how much more work I have to do for the first run in April.   I am excited next week that Learn To Run will begin again.  More people to fall in love with the sport of running.  And I am almost positive they will fall in love with PRC too!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment