Saturday, February 28, 2015

Holyrood Chilly Dash

Today I am on top of the world, I am so excited about my time today.  We started out at Holyrood for their Chilly Dash. Thank you Ryan Lawlor for a great route to run on, very organized and very delicious soup and chili.  On a route I have never been, I must say it was picturesque.  With my buddy Wendy by my side she kept me up with a great pace and I finished with a time clock of 40:16 (5.16k)  but my app showed 37.89 ( 5K)
HOLY MOLEY I am so pumped. 


Walking into the community center all you could see was PRC colors so bright and shiny. :) The majority of that room was YELLOW AND BLACK . I went over to mingle with some of the ladies from Sister in Fitness great ladies :) 


Congratulations to Todd Ralph for his 3rd placement in the race.  Fantastic Todd!!!




Running this route blind was difficult as I wasn't sure where the kms were broken up.  I had my app going but it was in my pocket and I couldn't hear when she piped in to say... you are at such and such of km.  Once we got down to the main road I could see on the road that it was 3km, alright another 2 to go, I could visualize where I was on Topsail Pond and where the last 2 k was going to last me.  With the winding road and not seeing the finish line there were times that I had to walk briskly just to keep my heart and lungs out of my throat.  Wendy took me on a great pace and I appreciate every step and encouraging words to keep me moving along.... not far now Gina just around that corner.  As you see in the pic we crossed the line together.


I will definitely do that run again!!!


This is my last blog and I really enjoyed posting my experiences.  I hope you enjoyed them too.  Furthermore I will say this before I conclude.  For every member of PRC and future members of PRC  I will say that this group got your back, high fives, motivations, and experiences of a LTR, 5, 10, Half, Full, Triathlons and Iron Man. So if you want any advice about running, this is the group to ask.  Stay safe on the trails and roads, always strive for personal bests and be with the best friends you could ever hope for. 


Mother Hen :)





No comments:

Post a Comment