Saturday, February 7, 2015

Destination Runs

Todays Coffee Run was a chilly one All of us headed for the Industrial Park stop sign. Beauty day for a run.  The coffee chat was about destination runs.  Who, what, when, where and why?  Why?  we do these runs for many reasons some are wanting more out of their runs.  Many have moved on to the next step of their training.  Montreal, Blue Nose, Port Aux Basque.  Where are you going?  Chatting with Pam, Carol Ann, Andrew and Sue.  They gave me something to think about "Where am I" at this point of getting ready for these destination runs?  Discussion about when to fuel up, when to run and take breaks in between,  Wendy shared a link with me from Jeff Galloway on how he runs marathons,  he takes that one minute walk and still kills his time. 


Looking at schedules and times to share between running and my family.  Where do I place this 5 day training schedule with in work and sleep and I LOVE MY SLEEP.  Many of the PRC group have conquered half and full and was fulfilled with their awesome accomplishment.  Bravo


Todd spoke again at the AMG about intermixing with other runner. Next time when we meet at Coffee Matters let's find someone else to sit next instead of the group you always sit with.  Find out  a thing or two things that they can offer to your training or hint of one thing or other. I'll bet you will take something back for your next run. I found out some nice interesting notes from Carol Ann, Pam, Sue and Andrew.     

No comments:

Post a Comment