Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Diabetes sucks!

Ok. So that run was brutal! I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat and a head cold but I didn’t feel anything until later that night. Yea Happy Anniversary to me! LOL Monday Morning I could hardly lift my head. I woke up and helped get the girls ready for daycare and then went to the couch. I couldn’t get back to sleep for like 2 hours. I was thinking, “If I am not asleep by 9:30 am I am going to get up and go for a run!” So next thing I knew it, it was 11:30 am and I was just waking up from a little snooze.

I hate being sick and I hate complaining about being sick or hurt. I am sick and tired of being and sick! And being a diabetic I will always feel this way. Some people will never understand.  I am not giving up though!  I have learned so much about what I can do and what I can be pushed to do.  I had a Dr’s appointment today and he asked me why I run. I said, “I have to. I see results.” That was a good enough reason for him.  As I was leaving my appointment at the Health Science Centre I was looking for Sue Rideout because it seems like after every appointment I see her and give an update! She must have been off today! hahaha

I went running tonight thinking I could push through all the sickness and I did pretty good for a while. I had to stop on the trail before the boat house and walk. I walked for about a km but I just kept thinking, “at least I attempted it and still going and not curled up under a bench by the water.”  I took a short cut and walked across the old Acan Windows parking lot and back to my car at the Community Centre parking lot.  Something in me though made me start running up the hill when I got to the cross walk. THAT. WAS. HARD. My chest hurt and my breathing was bad. But I did it. I didn’t give up.


I really have to suck it up though! We have about five weeks until the Maritime Weekend and I feel like I am falling behind. Between this week being sick and just life events I am finding it hard to get the runs in. I am going to try and get 10 km in on Thursday during the day so if you want to push me through it let me know.  

1 comment:

  1. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.
    diabetes destroyer

    ReplyDelete