Saturday, January 16, 2016

Sing a Song Shall We?

During my run this morning I could think of some songs to get me through this. 
Living on a Prayer, Running on Empty, Dream it's over, I think we are alone now, Running out of time, Stronger, Can't stop and for the temperatures today, I can't feel my face  and many many more.


Just when I couldn't go another step, my lungs were burning today, Brenda comes up and gives me a little push on the back and guides me along at a quicker pace to say come on girl you can do it.  Bless her heart!


Would you believe I have 21 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes and 7 seconds from now to do the Hypo Half Marathon? You know they say time flies. No turning back the time now, shoulda, coulda, woulda thoughts. I should have done this more, I am in for a rude awakening, all I hope for is that I have nothing drastic happen to me on my route.  I know I shouldn't go thinking about those things.  I am stronger than yesterday, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.


When I run I think about those who cannot either due to spinal issues, knee troubles, heart troubles, or dealing with their demons that arose in their lives. I pray for them as I am running.  I think about all of you when you are running... did YOU know that?


I got some great advice today from two friends who have been there and done that. So I take the advice and get on with it.  Thank you Dan and Tanya.


One song that really hits home with me, well maybe two but this one is one that I reach for when I can't find another step.  I hope you "you tube" it and listen to it.  The last part of the song where she tells it like it is... my favorite part... suck it up and give it a try.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGuC8BrOoaA  thanks for listening.


TRY
I've chased after rainbows
I've captured one or two
I've reached for the stars
I've even held a few
I've walked that lonesome valley
Topped the mountain, soared the sky
I've laughed and I have cried
But I have always tried
I've always been a dreamer
And dreams are special things
But dreams are of no value
If they're not equipped with wings
So secure yourself for climbing
Make ready for the flight
Don't let your chance go by
You'll make it if you try
So try to be the first one up the mountain
And try to be the first to touch the sky
And try to be the one who makes a difference
Try to put your fear and doubt aside
And try to make the most of every moment
'Cause if you never try you never win
So try each day to try a little harder
And if you fall, get up and try again
(Try and try and try)
(Try and try and try)
Nothing is impossible
If you can just believe
Don't live your life in shackles
When faith can be the key
The winner's one who keeps determination in his eyes
Who's not afraid to fly and not afraid to try
So try to be the first one up the mountain
And try to be the first to touch the sky
And try to count your blessings and keep counting
And try to soar where only eagles fly
And if you fail at first just keep on trying
For you are not a failure in God's eyes
The first step is the one that's always hardest
But you won't amount too much if you don't try
So spread your wings and let the magic happen
Cause you'll never really know if you don't try
(Try and try and try)
You gotta try (Try and try and try)
Come give it a try (Try and try and try)
You have to try (Try)

Oh I know it ain't easy
Who ever said it was?
Life is hard
Same as it ever was (Try)
You have to try (You have to try)
When you think you can't do it, just try a little harder
Just dig a little deeper and go a little farther but try (Try)
You have to try (Try)
Whatever it is, you're gonna get through it
Let the spirit lead you, I know you can do it, just try (Try)
Just give it a try

And whenever you think you ain't gonna make it
Put a smile on your face, suck it up and fake it
For a while (Give it a try)
At least you'll know you tried (Give it a try)
Don't think I don't suffer, I know what I'm saying
When I get to that place when I start praying and I try
Lord knows I try
Yes I try


Read more: Dolly Parton - Try Lyrics | MetroLyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment