Monday, October 6, 2014

Training Week: September 29 - October 5

Not a very good week of running as far as mileage is concerned.  Work has been super crazy and this has caused me to miss a couple of runs but I am not too worried.  Since the beginning of the year I have been on a fairly consistent running schedule.  As most of you know I completed the Ottawa Marathon this past May and I have kept the fitness level, if not improved it, up to this point.  So having a week with a bit less mileage is not concerning to me. 

As I mentioned in my last post, I was suffering from some knee pain, well it showed up once again on Friday (but on my right knee this time).  I woke up around 4:30am with pain running (pardon the pun) from my right knee up my leg and into my hip and lower back.  I was walking with a considerable limp.

But on the bright side, as the day went on, the pain in my knee was less and less and I was able to walk fairly normally without any problems.  I was planning on running 5-6 km on Saturday morning to test out the knee, but unfortunately I was called into work at 5:00am and those plans were put on the shelf.  I did manage to join up with the Niagara Falls Marathon group on Sunday morning for their 32 km run and I am happy to say there was no problems with the knee.

Training Week Summary:

Monday: Off

Tuesday: 6.38 km, 36:31, 5:44/km pace

Wednesday: 6.34 km, 35:50, 5:39/km pace

Thursday: Off

Friday:  Off

Saturday:  Off

Sunday: 32.34 km, 3:13:18, 5:59/km pace

Total: 45.06 km

Well that is it for this week.  I am planning on signing up for the Turkey Tea 10k this coming Sunday. Looking to improve my PB time of 42:51 which I got at last year's race.

Take care,
MA

No comments:

Post a Comment