Sunday, September 28, 2014

Training Week: September 22 - September 28

Bit of a strange week of training.  Unexpectedly, I had to work 4 hours of OT on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and I found out that I was going home 1 day earlier than originally scheduled (Thursday instead of Friday).  Because of the OT, I did not manage to get a run in on Tuesday.  So I decided to change my run to 6:30 am (instead of the afternoon after work) and shortened the originally planned distances.  I also decided to take Friday and Saturday off as well.

The change in my training schedule was not an entirely bad thing.  On my Thursday morning run I noticed some pain in my left knee, I got through the run in a pretty good time but it was something that I was concerned about.  With the Cape to Cabot only 3 weeks away, an injury at this point would be quite devastating.  So I decided to take it safe and not run for a couple of days.

Training Week Summary

Monday: 14.3 km, 71:21, 5:00/km pace

Tuesday: Off

Wednesday: 10 km, 48:36, 4:51/km pace

Thursday: 10 km, 49:21, 4:56/km pace

Friday: Off

Saturday: Off

Sunday: 25 km, 2:29:51, 5:59/km pace

Total: 59.3 km

Still a pretty decent week of running and I am happy to say that I did not feel any knee pain during the long run on Sunday morning.  I am quite happy on where my fitness level is at this point and the goal over the next 3 weeks is to just stay injury free.

Take care,
MA

No comments:

Post a Comment