Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Newest PRC Blooger

It has been a while since anybody has posted anything on this blog, so over the last few weeks I have been thinking about contributing and so finally, I decided to make the jump and start writing.

First of all, I want to introduce myself, my name is Marc Alivio and I have been a member of the Paradise Running Club since the fall of 2010.  I think it is safe to say that I was one of the first members in club.  Outside of Keith, Randy, Todd, Sharon, Andrew G and I am pretty sure Susanne, I could be the next most "senior" member of the club.  

I am also a member of PRC's executive (have been over the last 3 years) and my role is the race director for the club's 2 NLAA sanctioned races, the Paradise Figure 8, 8km Race and the Paradise Timex Five and Dime (5km/10km) Road Race. 

The goal for this blog, in the short term anyway, is to document my training progress leading up to the 8th Annual Cape to Cabot, 20Km Road Race on Sunday, October 19. The race is about 4 weeks away and this year will be my 5th consecutive C2C race and I am looking to improve on my PB time of 1:44:59 from 2013.  I know there are many in the club running this race for the first time and hopefully blogging about my training progress may help them along the way.

Before I go, just want to give a big shout out to all PRC members taking part in this Sunday's Huffin Puffin Marathon, Half Marathon and Team Relay.  Good luck and most importantly have fun! Unfortunately I won't be there to take part or cheer anybody on as I am currently out of the province.

So that's it for now, I will be back on Sunday or Monday to recap my previous week of training.

Take care,
MA

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your training Marc, and if the rest of this year is any indication, you'll crush your goal for C2C.

    ReplyDelete