Sunday, March 9, 2014

A New Month, A New Blogger

When PRC president Todd Ralph came up with the idea of having a group blog he suggested that each month a different member should do the writing. Jackie has done an excellent job sharing her experiences and has now passed the torch to me.

I volunteered for the month of March and here it is the 9th and I've yet to write anything. There are two reasons for this. One, I forgot I was supposed to take over the blog and two, my first run this month was yesterday.

I've been running for two years. I started running after I went to a PRC Social event with my husband. I had tried running once or twice before and I HATED it and swore I would never do it again. Then I met all these amazing people at a party and I realized that I wanted to be a part of their group. I signed up for their next learn to run program and have been with PRC ever since.

I'm not a very dedicated runner. I love running with the group but if a run is cancelled or the weather has been as cold as it has been lately and running outside isn't an option, I tend to skip my run for that day. I just checked my running log and realized I only ran twice in February. Hopefully this blog will keep me accountable and I'll get a few more runs in.

Yesterday, March 8, I finally got out to a group run. I have to admit that I have missed it, or maybe I've missed the people. They really are an awesome bunch. No one gives you grief if you miss a run or seven. There is always encouragement and support. I can't imagine running with anyone else.

I ran with Sharon yesterday. We ran 5.22 km in 41:36 with an average pace of 7:57 min/km. We were at the back of the pack, going slow, but we were out there, running. The weather was beautiful and the road conditions were good with only a few icy patches. Despite my nearly month long break, I didn't find the run overly hard. It's good to know I still have the ability to run without feeling like I'm going to die.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Shelley! Yesterday was an awesome day for a run, looking forward to more SPRING runs and your posts.

    ReplyDelete