Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Live, Love, and Laugh......Give it a go !!!

Hey folks,

Thanks for dropping by !!!

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of blogging and sharing some thoughts / experiences with you. 

All feedback welcomed! Good, bad, or indifferent :)

From my very first run with PRC, I've felt welcomed, inspired and supported. 

2014 was injury plagued; starting with an auto accident in January which dealt me a torn rotator cuff requiring surgery and extensive Physio. It was October before I was cleared to run. I remember that Tuesday evening....a little nervous....20lb heavier (20 of the 50 I had lost prior to injury)....and slow as cold molasses running uphill ! But I ran... walked...crawled 5K...not alone but with the support and encouragement of a wonderful group of PRC friends.  

The runs got easier and the weight started to drop off. Fast forward 6 weeks....ankle roll on a trail run = small chip fracture. Sidelined again :( 

Throughout it all, PRC members were a constant support....in person, though emails and text messages, and on Facebook. Thankfully, this year has been much better and I'm injury free. 

Last week after a long, busy day at work and some "discussion" with husband over his work commitments and upcoming travel requirements, I decided to head for a long run by myself for some "me time". I set off down Renne's River trail, looped the lake, and headed back up the trail. I found my self floundering and lonely on the way back; my day end frustrations had departed and it was just me and the trail. THE UP HILL TRAIL !!! I began to ponder that the trail back to the Janeway represented every up hill battle we each face in our daily lives and how much easier it is to grow and move forward when we have the support of those who truly care for us. 

Our PRC Family cares.....we LIVE, we LOVE, and we LAUGH on each run.....making our "uphills" both on the trail and at home so much easier !

Summer is coming (we continue to hold out hope !) and I'm so looking forward to our runs, races and social events. 


Live, love, and laugh....come out and see......Give it a go with PRC !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment