Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April showers brings my month to blog!

Hi, 
My name is Pam Collins. I am a mother of three, a wife, a nurse and I discovered about 4 years ago that I could run. Always wanted to but didn't think I could. I remember the first time I saw the Tely 10, I was amazed... really, all those people are running to Bannerman park, impossible. A couple of years in a row I stood at the bottom of Paradise Road and watched in awe....lots of times it brought tears to my eyes. I started with Run 1 and Walk 2. I was determined....I ran in the snow, I ran in the rain....it made me feel strong....it makes me feel special. This year will be my third Tely and I'm hoping it will be my best. I've only been a member of PRC for 10 months, but my involvement in this club has inspired me to complete a half marathon and what I thought would be my ultimate running goal, Cape to Cabot. This club makes me feel strong and so now I have a new goal.....26.2 miles. Am I a runner? Yes I am!

2 comments: