Monday, October 3, 2016

A Quick Hello

To anyone who is reading this, welcome to my first blog post! My name is Ryan Glynn, and I have been an official member of the Paradise Running Club since July 2014, although 2016 was actually the first year that I started participating in any of the club runs. So hopefully by writing this blog I will introduce myself more properly to those who know me mainly as the nephew of club co-founder Keith Glynn. :)

When Renee asked for a volunteer to write the blog for October, I thought it would be a good opportunity to document what will be a busy running month for me, and also to share some of my background in running. So my goal is to write 9 or 10 of these, covering my training for the month, the goals and results I have in the two races I plan to run (Turkey Tea 10km and Cape to Cabot), as well as some miscellaneous running topics that I think I may have some interesting thoughts on. Having read some of the past blogs, I can't promise my writing style and humour will live up the high bar that's been set, but I will try my best!

I'm going to clue up this entry now. I have a training recap for the past week mostly written up, but in the interest of keeping this intro short I'll post that in a separate post, likely this evening.


Cheers and Thanks for reading,


Ryan

1 comment: